Why an HVAC Tune Up; Advice from an Indianapolis AC company
March 24th, 2017 by Larry Howald
It’s that season again–time for an AC tune up as spring starts to show its signs in Indianapolis. Homeowners often wonder why HVAC companies insist on HVAC system tune-ups every six months. Some people might think it’s just a scam to make some money. Nope! It’s about maintaining your system to ensure coming home never felt so good.
Think of an HVAC tune up like getting the oil changed on your car or having your car tuned up. Keeping the engine in tip-top shape keeps you safe on the road.
Keeping your HVAC system tuned up, keeps you safe and comfortable.
So what goes into a tune up?
- Check thermostat calibration
- Clean & adjust burner assembly
- Clean ignition assembly
- Test starting capabilities
- Examine heat exchanger for damage and corrosion
- Monitor flue draft
- Test safety controls
- Clean and/or replace standard air filters
- Clean & adjust blower components
- Measure for correct airflow
- Tighten electrical connections
- Measure volts and amps
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Clean condensate drains
- Measure temperature difference between supply air and return air
- Adjust gas pressure and pilot light
- Monitor heating cycle
Keep in mind, a tune up costs less than $100. If something goes wrong with your system, it’ll cost a lot more than that! HVAC companies typically offer homeowners service agreements at an affordable price. We contact you to schedule the appointment for the tune up, which means you don’t have to remember. We do it for you!
Learn more about our Comfort Fit program by CLICKING HERE.
Comments are closed.